As we welcome to fall next in a few days, most people are back into the hustle and bustle of school and work. Below are 5 reasons that should take some time to declutter your life.
1) Clear your mind. Once people take time to do an overall purge of their clutter, their minds can let go for the waning existence of what was once in their lives. Clearing clutter can help your mind focus on more important matters in your life.
2) More free time. People would rather spend time doing activities they enjoy as opposed to having to spend hours clearing clutter. Spend time playing with your kids! Go for a hike! Enjoy the weather.
3) Decrease stress. When people come home from work or school and find an excess of clutter it can raise their stress levels. The National Association of Professional Organizers says people on average spend 1 year of their life looking for lost or misplaced items. You don't need that stress in your life!
4) Save money. If groceries are not organized it can hard to keep track of what you might already have in your pantry. Or perhaps it is a bill that now has a late fee attach to it because it ended up in a pile of papers.
5) Quicker to tidy up. Once the initial clutter is cleared out it makes the overall picking up around the house much more manageable for families to control.